Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Book club and public reading: A big thank you, and a special present

Last week your faithful blogger exposed all, facing the sophisticated and intelligent members of the Highgate Book Club and reading to the literati and cultural denizens of the Balmain Institute.

For an indie author, nothing substitutes for generous and critical feedback, and the chance to show one's writing to an audience of book lovers.

Thanks so much for your feedback and generosity. You've spurred me on to greater things. And thanks to my mates Sarah, Garry and Helena of THAT Authors Collective, who read with me at Balmain on 3 October.

As a thank you gift, I've copied below my latest, amour scene. I've striven to pare it back to the absolute basics of inference and obfuscation:


Thea sat up, flushed and tousled, and pulled the covers around her.
I laid back and mentally smoked a Gauloise.

© Stuart Campbell
Buy Stuart's e-book novel 'The Play's the Thing' for US$1.25 with one click at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMIF0J0

Download THAT Authors Collective free sampler First Press at
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/THATAuthorsCollective


 

No comments:

Post a Comment